- By working with enthusiastic, energetic Indian and foreign individuals through our volunteer programme, we seek to:
- Enhance understanding of the developing world through active participation and involvement.
- Educate and empower individuals on development issues allowing them to act as agents of change.
- Expand our activities to different parts of the country.
- Volunteers from different corporates voluntary activities like Tata Pro Engage, visit us regularly.
Volunteer speaks:Why I came to India and to this project?
Speaking about his experience of working with Turnstone Global and explaining the reason for coming to India, Tang from China said:
“In my former location I use to stay at home keep eating keep chatting with my friends but I want to make a change so I applied for some projects and I think this was a way out. Some kids can get education and access to new mode of learning but some kids can’t afford to go to school so I wanted to help this kids and do my part to make some change. I work in slum school as a teacher to teach kids something about basic computer knowledge and something about china. At first I taught about computers. In 10 days I have chat about some cross culture process making chai knotting make chai paper cutting sing chai song and introduce my city and culture to them and I think it’s a great experience and opportunity I feel very happy to be with them they taught me about Bengali culture. I think this city is a great city. There are many old architecture building in Kolkata we want to have such kind of era in china but in 10 to 13 years ago we destroyed them and build a new world and is so nice to see that old architecture era in Kolkata and I think it’s a great experience.
I think it’s a great organisation helping kids helping some patients’ to get back life and happy to be with them to do some job and make some change in the life of kids in India.”